What Is CodeDay?
CodeDay is a worldwide event where student programmers, artists, musicians, actors, and everyone else can get together and build apps & games for 24 hours. Students of all skill levels are welcome — we have workshops and mentors who can help if you’re new!
At the beginning of CodeDay, everyone with an idea comes up and pitches it to the group. If you’re on your own, or just without an idea, this is the time for you to find a team.
How It Works
- 1. Arrive, make new friends.
- 2. Pitch ideas for what you want to make.
- 3. Optional: attend workshops.
- 4. Make it! (With help from our mentors.)
- Do I need to come with a team?No! In fact, most people don’t come with a team! At the beginning of the event, everyone will pitch ideas for what they want to build. You can form a team then.
- What should I bring?Bring your laptop and mouse. Food is included in your ticket. If you’re planning on sleeping, bring a sleeping bag, pillow, and toothbrush. Desktop PCs and monitors are also allowed, although less common.
- Can you tell me about CodeDay in the form of a song?Yes! Here’s a song from our friend Matt Farley:
- What ages are allowed?You must be in high school or college, and 25 or younger. Middle school students may attend until 8pm.
- We’d like to attend as a school. Can we pay with a PO?Yes, please visit our school registration page to submit your registration. We will follow up to complete the purchasing process.
- Want to know something else? Just ask:
Saturday, November 9
Sunday, November 10
A BUS WILL PICK UP FROM TAIFA ROAD PARKING_B TO CROPNUTS, NEAR LIMURU DIARIES. More info https://www.codeday.org/kenya